Have you ever noticed that some people who leave a comment in a post have pictures of them right next to the comments they left? If you are observant, you can easily have noticed this. But some people simply have comments and do not have the picture. So what’s the difference? Gravatar!
If you don’t yet know, Gravatar is one of the most fantastic ways to increase your influence in the blogosphere. Gravatar is a service that will enable you to have a profile picture to show up together with comments you made in blogs, forums, and almost any website.
In this article, I will be teaching you how to use Gravatar and how it can positively affect your online presence and influence.
Benefits of Gravatar
There are many benefits that you can acquire from Gravatar. First, if you are trying to build a brand, Gravatar can help you increase your visibility on the Internet. This means that more people will know your brand and they will most likely make business with you as a result.
Having a Gravatar will also help people remember you. There is no denying that people are visual-oriented. They tend to associate words with pictures. Therefore, if you have your name plus your image, then you will more likely stick to people’s mind.
Another good thing you can acquire from Gravatar is that your comment will stand out especially today that more people still do not have a Gravatar. When people can see not only your name, but your picture as well, they will trust and readily open up to you. A Gravatar can help you foster good relationship with others.
Finally, a Gravatar will encourage people to want to know more about you. They will start clicking your links and visit your website. A Gravatar can increase the traffic on your website as a result.
How to use Gravatar
Now let us get to the crux of my post. I will show you how to start using Gravatar and have your photo showing up every time you leave a comment.
How To Sign Up for Gravatar
- Go to the official website of Gravatar (http://en.gravatar.com/).
- Click sign up. In case that you already have an account, you can simply sign in instead.
- Provide your email address. Make sure that it is the same email address that you will be using when you leave comments. In case you have two or more email address, you can always add them later.
- Go to your email address. You will find an activation link, click that.
- Add image. This will be the image that will show up when you make a comment. Therefore, make sure that you choose the most appropriate picture that will effectively represent whatever it is you want to represent. For example, if you are going to represent a business, then a company logo will do. In case your Gravatar is for personal use, choose an image that will best fit your personality. Your image can be from the Internet or from your computer. Just choose which suits you best.
- Add additional information. This is optional of course; however, this can be very helpful to let other people know more about your self. Some websites that support Gravatar hover cards will let your picture show more personal information when someone hover their mouse pointer over your picture.
These are the basic steps you will need to use Gravatar. If you own a blog site such as those from WordPress, you can link your Gravatar with it. Thus, your profile picture in WordPress will be used as your Gravatar by default. You can change this anytime you want. Nevertheless, you can still use Gravatar even if you don’t have a blog site.
Don’t forget to leave us a comment for us to know your thought about this topic.