The web is all about socialization. This includes the sharing of information through news and feature articles, videos and pictures. From these types of information, pictures or images is considered as one of the most effective in conveying a message to a target audience, which is why they are often used for marketing.
There are a lot of websites today which serve as platforms for picture-sharing; however, one of the best would be Flickr. Flickr offers a very easy online photo management and sharing application which anyone can use. You can just open an account with Flickr and then upload your pictures and manage them. You could also download their tool, the Flickr Uploader, so that you can easily and quickly upload your pictures. You could then join the different groups on Flickr and add relevant photos. This is very useful for those who are planning to market or promote their company and products through Flickr as they could easily join a relevant group and be able to interact and share photos with individuals who could be interested in their products and services.
If you are interested in marketing or promoting your company through Flickr, then here are some of the things that you can do.
1. Flickr Screen Name: This would be the screen name which would represent your account. It would be used with each picture that you would be uploading and attached with the comments that you would be posting in group discussions and basically with anything that you do in Flickr. You could either use the name of your company or your company's URL. That way, you would be able to advertise your company's website without having to exert too much effort.
2. Flickr Profile: After choosing a screen name, you would need to fill out your company's profile. You could do this through entering all of the essential information about your company in the "Describe Yourself" box. You could also upload the logo of your company as the Buddy Icon. You could also provide your company's contact information so that other members could easily reach you or your page.
3. Quality Photos Relevant To Your Business: It is very important to not just upload any photo that you have which may be slightly associated to your company, but to upload quality pictures and images which are relevant to your business. For instance, if you are selling baby clothes, you could upload numerous high-quality pictures of all types of baby clothes that you have. That way, you would be able to attract and appeal to more people, making them visit your page more and even referring other people to visit it as well.
4. Tagging: Flickr also offers the facility to tag the images and pictures that you would be uploading. It would be very important to tag all of your photos properly. Try to make use of different keywords which are related to the product or service that your company is offering. Also make sure that the keywords and key phrases that you would be using are relevant to the images that you are uploading. By doing this, when people search for a keyword that is in your tags, they would be directed to your site or page.
5. Flickr Groups: To maximize the marketing benefit of Flickr, you could join groups which are relevant to the type of business or industry that your company is in. There are a lot of groups from which you could choose from so selecting one which is relevant to your line of business would be probably be an easy task. You could also join groups based on your location. Once you have joined a group, you could join in on discussions and upload pictures so that you could reach your targeted audience.
These are just some of the ways which you could use to market or promote your products and services through Flickr. Try it out and you might be amazed at the results you get.