Now that you are a proud owner of a Samsung Galaxy S3, you’ll probably feel the urge to download multiple apps to your smart phone. As time goes by, your apps can look like a disorganized mess. Luckily, Samsung has provided the customizable App Drawer. Once inside the App Drawer, you can sort your apps however you want in order to make browsing through them all easier. You can also organize apps on your Home screen into folders, in order to keep it clutter-free.
Whichever method of ordering you choose, Samsung has made it easy to do and keep your apps simple to retrieve when needed. The first method is just arranging your Home screen, by following these simple steps.
Arranging apps on samsung galaxy s3
- On your Samsung Galaxy S3 homepage, tap the ‘Apps’ icon in order to see the full lists of your applications.
- Find the app that you want to put into a folder. Press and hold this app.
- Drag the app into the lower-left hand corner to the ‘Create folder’ icon. The app will be placed into a new folder.
- Name the folder.
- To place more apps into the folder, press and hold the apps and drag them into the folder.
- Repeat steps 1-5 to create new folders.
Now you’ve sorted out your Home screen to keep the apps that you wanted there and sort any other apps into your desired folders, you may come to a decision that you also need to rearrange the App Drawer itself. The Apps Drawer will show all the apps located on your Samsung Galaxy S3 and are also easy to arrange.
- Go to the ‘Apps Drawer’.
- Press the ‘Menu’ key. Choose View Type
- Customizable Grid – Arrange it yourself.
- Alphabetical Grid – ABC order in a grid form.
- Alphabetical List – ABC order in a descending list form.
- Choose the type of sorting you want to do. If Alphabetical, please choose from A- Z or Z- A order and wait for the phone to sort. If you choose Customizable Grid please press and move the apps you’re your desired place.
By following these simple steps you can sort your apps either on the home screen or in the Apps Drawer in any position that you like.
Other things you need to know:
- You can make your home screen clutter-free while sorting your apps in easy-to-view folders;
- You can use the Apps Drawer to sort all of your apps into any order that you want in order to make them easier to find.
Regardless of what you choose to do, rearranging your apps from the original manner that the S3 has sorted them makes the Samsung Galaxy S3 a much more manageable device for its users to hold onto.