Transferring your iTunes music library to your Android device consists of very easy steps.
You will only need an application called ‘Easy Phone Sync’. This will let you easily transfer files between your PC and your Galaxy S3.
They have to be downloaded and installed both on your computer and on your Android smartphone.
Easy Phone Sync is a free app and the tutorial below will tell you step-by-step on how you can transfer the songs and videos on your iTunes to your galaxy s3.
How to Sync Samsung Galaxy Music with iTunes
- Download ‘Easy Phone Sync’ on your Samsung Galaxy S3 and your Windows PC or Mac.
- Open the app on your Galaxy S3.
- Plug in your USB cable on your phone and connect it with your computer.
- Open and install ‘Easy Phone Sync’ on your PC or MAC. It will right away recognize your device. If your device is not detected, then make sure you have connected the cable right.
- Select your phone from the list and hit next. It will give you an option on how you would like to transfer music to your phone. Along with music, this app lets you transfer text messages, contacts, photographs and videos to your phone. You can select what you would like to transfer. Check the box you like and click next.
- Check ‘Sync now’ and click on finish.
- After it transfers everything, click on ‘Synchronize’.
That is all, just unplug your cable and you have successfully transferred your files.
Here's a video tutorial:
Other things you need to know:
- Simple format .mp3 files for music and .mp4 files for videos can be played on your Galaxy S3. But if you want to play iTunes formatted songs on your mobile, then it might not be that simple. The reason is that iTunes comes in different formats i.e. .m4v, .m4p, and .m4a, and on top of this, these files are DRM protected. It means that these files cannot be played or ran on your mobile.
- If you have iTunes formatted songs or videos and would like to play them on your Galaxy S3, then first you have to convert them and remove the DRM protection so you can make them compatible for your device. It can be easily done by using “Aimersoft DRM Converter”. This software can be installed on your computer so that you can convert and remove DRM protection from your iTunes at the same time. Below is quick guide on how you can use this software to convert your files.
- First, open up your DRM converter application and browse for your iTunes. This software has support for all iTunes formats.
- Select the output format, which should be a format that is supported by your Galaxy S3 like .mp3 or .mp4.
- Hit the ‘Start’ button and this software will convert the files and remove the DRM protection from it.
- Locate your files by clicking on find target button.
And that is all you need to do to enjoy your iTunes music on your phone. After the conversion, simply connect your phone to your PC or Mac and transfer files like mentioned above.