With the advent of technology, it may seem that even your new Samsung Galaxy S3 has its own say. Just think about the email signature bearing the message ‘Sent from Samsung Mobile’ and you will know it all. Now if you just don’t want the world to know about your latest gadget then follow this tutorial to either change or delete the auto-signature.
Modifying "Sent From Samsung Mobile" signature
Removing the Sent from Samsung Mobile email signature
- From your Samsung Galaxy S3’s home screen, go to ‘Settings’.
- Next from the Settings menu, click on to the ‘Accounts & Sync’ tab.
- Scroll down till you have reached the ‘Manage Accounts’ tab.
- Click the ‘MSN Account’ option.
- Hit the ‘Remove Account’ tab.
- Once you have finished following the above mentioned steps, turn off your Smartphone and also remove the battery from its chamber for 5 – 10 seconds.
- After the time have elapsed, put back the battery again and turn on your phone to find it configured to the new settings.
Changing the Sent from Samsung Mobile email signature – Gmail settings
- Assuming that the Wi-Fi or 3G of your phone is turned on, open up the ‘Gmail’ app.
- Now tap on the ‘Menu’ capacitive button of your Samsung Galaxy S3.
- As the Gmail menu opens, click on ‘Settings’.
- Now select ‘Gmail account’ which can be found on the left-hand corner of your screen.
- Scroll down on the list and find ‘Choose Signature’ on the bottom-right corner so you can change the default Sent from Samsung mobile signature and type in your own.
- Press ‘OK’ to exit and to activate the new signature.
Other things you need to know:
- You can also remove the email signature by simply following: Settings > Account Settings > Uncheck the ‘Add Signature’ button.