A spammer is someone who troubles you with unwanted messages, whether you like it or not.
You use your phone to receive important messages from the people you know, but spam messages sometimes fill up your message box/inbox with annoying mails from unknown individuals or websites.
You can get rid of spam messages once you register the number as a spam on your Samsung Galaxy.
Below, the tutorial will tell you how to block a number and what exactly happens when you do so.
How-To: Register A Number As A Spam
- Using your Samsung Galaxy S3, find the ‘Messages’ button on your list of application.
- Now tap the ‘Menu’ capacitive key and click on ‘Settings’.
- Scroll down and find the ‘Spam’ menu – now check ‘Enable Spam Settings’.
- Now you can type any phone number or select an existing contact to register it as spam. Tap the ‘Save’ button to save the changes.
What happens when a number is registered as spam?
When you register a number as spam, your inbox will not receive any calls or text messages from that number. Every time a person sends you a message, it will be stored in your spam messages folder just like how spam emails are stored in the corresponding spam folder. You can also view the spam message from the folder anytime.
Other things you need to know:
- Aside from adding a number to your spam list, you can also add ‘unknown sources’ to your spam/ blocked list.
- If you accidentally added a contact as spam and saw his message on your spam folder, you can easily transfer the message/ messages to your inbox folder.
Registering numbers as spam is a great feature not only in Samsung Galaxy S3, but other phones as well. It can be very irritating to find your inbox filled with messages which are not on your interest, especially if you use your phone for work. Therefore, the spam list feature on every phone will surely save you from a lot of trouble.