When you create a blog post, Blogger automatically makes a permalink based on your title. Unknown to some users, this URL may cause you some issues in the future. Fortunately, Blogger lets you add a custom permalink of your choice. Know how to add a custom permalink and get to know its advantages over automatic permalink.
- Click the Post Settings box found at the right portion of your Post Editor.
- Under Post Settings, select Permalink.
- You will be given two options: Automatic and Custom Permalink. Choose Custom Permalink.
- To choose a URL for the blog post, input the new URL on the field that will appear.
- Click Done.
Things you need to know:
- Adding a Custom Permalink on your post on Blogger is very advantageous since it provides a greater stability for your URL. For instance, when you use the automatic option, Blogger will automatically generate a URL based on your title. When you modify your title, it will display as broken links in your URL. As a result, fewer readers will visit your blog.
- The default Permalink on your Blogger is automatic.