As soon as the Dropbox for iPhone application existed, it has been constantly releasing updates because users wanted something more. These are functions that they believed would increase the ease of use of the cloud storage service; and one those functions is the ability to move files using the iPhone application.
Before, files can only be moved from one folder to another through laptops and computers; but now since the update as released, a simple touch of the file can place it somewhere else. Follow the simple steps below to move your Dropbox files using your iPhone.
- Launch the Dropbox application.
- Check and make sure that your Dropbox application is updated to version 2.3. If not, then update through the App Store.
- Now, log in to your Dropbox account and view your files. You should see all the files and folders in list view.
- Locate the file you want to move and swipe the file name to see a list of icons. Select the third one, just before the trash can icon.
- Now you will be asked to choose the destination of your file. You can create a new folder, and you can also choose the new location by clicking on the back arrow above until you find the designated folder.
- Click on the ‘Choose’ button on the bottom-right corner to confirm.
Other things you need to know:
- You can only move a file one-by-one and not by batches; however, you can also move a whole folder to a new destination using the steps above.
Now you have moved your file to a new folder without much of a fuss, how does it look like? Using this feature of Dropbox on your iPhone, you can easily organize your files on-the-go.