Google+ allows you to connect your accounts from other social media services. Improve your Google experience by connecting your accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, Flickr, Linkedln, Quora, Yelp, Hotmail, Plaxo, last.fm, SoundCloud, and Netlog. Here’s an easy tutorial on how to do that.
- Press Home found at the upper left side of your Google+ account.
- Access Settings from the dropdown menu that will appear.
- Select Account from the left tab.
- Look for Other Tools box. It is located at the lower right portion of your page.
- Click Manage connected accounts.
- From the dropdown menu on the left, choose the social network account you want to connect with.
- Input your account name or profile link, then click Add. You have the option to display it on your public Google profile.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 to add another social network account.
Things you need to know:
- When you connect your account to Google+, you will be able to view relevant content that your friends share on the web when you search.
- It will also be easier for your friends to search things that you share on the web.
- You can select which accounts to display on your public Google profile.
- It will be easier to find your friends and vice-versa.
- Without your consent, Google won’t share your private information or searches.
- Google+ provides a suggested social network account. Simply press Yes this is me to confirm the account. Tick the checkbox to display on your public Google profile.
- You have the option to remove connected accounts.