You can share your current location with people you want and circles you choose, across Google products via Google+.
When you choose to share your location details to others, people whom you share information with will be able to see your current location and places you have visited not just on Google+ but also in other Google products.
If you don’t want to use this feature, you may completely disable location sharing on Google+ through your desktop or Android device. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to disable location sharing on Google+.
Stop Location Sharing on Google Plus (via desktop):
- Sign in and go to your Google Plus' homepage.
- Hover over the Home button/link on the upper left portion of your Google+ page.
- A dropdown menu will appear. Select Settings or the gear icon.
- Scroll down to the very bottom of the page. Look for Location Settings.
- To turn off location sharing, uncheck the checkbox beside Enable Location Sharing.
Turn off Location Sharing (via Android):
- Access your Google + Home.
- Tap Menu, then Settings.
- Tap the switch next to Location sharing to turn it off.
- Press Ok.
Things you need to know:
- Instead of completely disabling locating sharing on Google +, you can just limit who can see your location. To do this, tick the checkbox for location sharing then just select who can view your location. You may either choose the public, extended circles, circles, specific people or only you.