Nowadays, there are many tools and services that you can use for your website. These services can be very useful as it helps you to get more customers and of course, to become more profitable. Among the best services used for this purpose today is Google Analytics. So how can you use it to your advantage? First, you will have to understand what it is and how it can help you improve your online business.
What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a free service that is made available by Google to all its users.
This is mainly used to generate a statistics log concerning the number of people that visited a website. The detailed information generated by this service is very useful for marketers and as a result, this has become the most used statistics service by online businesses. Here's a screenshot of the website:
Google Analytics has proven its value as it is the considered by almost all top internet sites to be the best in providing reliable information about the interests of consumers.
You may your Google/Gmail account to create a Google Analytics account or click here.
With Google Analytics, you're able to:
- Track how many people visits your website (unique visitors & page views). You will also see new visitors vs. returning visitors.
- See information about what your site visitors checks out in your site and how long they stay in a section and in your site in general.
- Determine other information that may interest you and help your business such as the location of your site’s visitors, other sites they have been to, their activities on the previous sites, and if they completed any transactions.
What Is The Importance Of Using It?
Google Analytics provides you detailed information that you can use to improve your products, services, your website, and even your online business as a whole. The fact that you’re now able to see how your customers interact with your online site can help you very much in improving your website. You can:
- See what products are a hit and those that are not very popular, which gives you the chance to offer more of the products that catch your customers’ attention and remove the products that are not profitable.
- Study what parts of your site most of your customers linger on. Perhaps, this part of your site should be given more importance in your marketing.
- Another thing that is great about using Google Analytics is that you’re able to obtain information about how your customers came to your website. You can use this and improve the traffic to your site.
Companies that specialize in E-commerce will greatly benefit from the use of Google Analytics. With its use, an online entrepreneur can also develop his or her website services to help catch, retain, and even convert customers. Promotional messages can now be tailored to target the preferences of consumers and therefore minimizing the waste of time and effort normally used in sales processes.
Google Analytics can be the best tool for any online business that aims to be successful. With the information that it provides, you can improve and develop all your services so that you can get more customers, more sales, and a higher profit.
And the best thing about it is that it’s free so if you haven’t used it yet, you may be losing out on some wonderful things that your online business can benefit from.