If your inbox always get full of notifications and notifies you about every single move of your friends or family, there are certain changes that need to be done on your notification settings. Removing the tasks from the list of the things that you don’t want to be notified can help you to keep your inbox free of notifications.
Google+ allows having your notification settings according to your will and requirements so you don’t miss the important news and so you can get rid of the annoying ones. Google+ is a nice place to enjoy with friends, family and people of common interest.
This easy few steps tutorial will help you to save your notification settings according to your will. Notifications are received either on primary email address or on mobile phone through SMS. It depends on the settings.
To change the settings follow these steps.
- When the first page of Google+ appears, go to the menu on the right corner of the screen. Here, in the drop down menu you will find the first option named ‘Settings’. Click that option.
- On settings page, you will find the “Notification delivery” heading that has options of email and phone. From here you can select where you want to receive the notification.
- When you scroll down the page, you will find “Receive notifications” heading. In “Receive notifications” you can mark the things about which you want to be notified. Remove the check marks from the things that you don’t want to get notified of.
- By default, all the marks are checked so you will get notifications of everything. When you unmark the check, you would not get the notification about that thing ever unless you check it again.
Another simple way of changing the setting is:
- Whenever you received an email of any notification, open it.
- At the end of that email, you will find the line “Change what email Google+ sends you”. Click on Change
- You will be automatically led to the notification setting page of Google+ account. On that page, you can put checkmarks on the things about which you want to be informed. If you don’t want to get notified about anything, remove the checkmark.
Google+ is proving to be a good social network. It is very simple to use and gives chance to socialize not only with family and friends, but also with others. It has many communities and forums that are connecting people of common interest from all over the world.
Its notification service is also very good and easy to customize. You can receive all your important notifications on your mobile phone also when you don’t have an internet connection, so you are kept informed all the time. Google is providing new paths to make internet social life better.