When there are many apps to choose from, we get curious because we want to enjoy every application that we find useful. Some apps really do what they have on their description, all the benefits and fun they offer are real; however, some applications are just spam. When they get the access to the user account, they start to mess up and use the account like their own. Sometimes without knowing, we also grant access to some applications and then afterwards, we have to face the consequences.
If you have become a victim of any unlikable app and you connected it to your Instagram, you should not worry because revoking access to that application is just a click away. If you accidentally or intentionally given access to any app that you find spam in the end, you can revoke its access anytime you want by following these simple steps.
- From your computer, go to the Instagram website. Log in with your username and password.
- From the homepage at the top-right corner of the screen, you will find your Instagram username. Click your username and from the drop-down menu, select ‘Edit Profile’. When it is clicked, a new page will open that has a list of choices on the left corner.
- Select the ‘Manage Application’ button from the list.
- Click the ‘Revoke Access’ for the app that you want to disconnect to your Instagram account. After that, a dialog box will open to confirm about revoking the access.
- If you are sure, click ‘Yes’ to continue. Otherwise click ‘No’ to end the process.
Internet social networking often faces this kind of spam problems, so we may just want to disintegrate it to the accounts we own because there’s no use and they can cause bigger problems. Instagram is one big place and has millions of users; therefore other apps, legit or not, wants account access from you. To link your account with these applications is fine; it gives you the chance to enjoy the application’s services fully. But you have to think wisely before you grant them access to your account – some applications may be essential and may increase the fun of your Instagram account to many folds, but there can be some applications that won’t do any good to you either.
Other things you need to know:
It is always wise to select the app carefully before granting access to your account. It is also very important to read reviews from other sources about the app before it can do any permanent damage. Reviews of other people often give the clear image of the thing and make selection easy. It also lessens the chance of becoming a victim of any spam.