If your domain name is registered to Namecheap while you have web hosting account with iPage and you want to learn connect your DNS (acronym for domain name servers) to your domain name registrar properly, read on:
Connect Namecheap DNS to iPage
- The first thing you need to do is to gather your nameservers information, login with your details to your iPage control panel account.
- Look at the sidebar and find "Your Nameservers" info from the "System Settings" part. Now copy those 2 nameservers. E.g. mine is: ns1.ipage.com & ns2.ipage.com
- Now, it's time to setup your Namecheap DNS. Login to your Namecheap cPanel.
- Go to "My Account" > select "Manage Domains" from the dropdown menu.
- Select the domain name you want to configure.
- At the left sidebar, click on "Domain Name Server Setup"
- Select "Specify Custom DNS Servers ( Your own DNS Servers )" and enter your domain nameservers provided by iPage. Push "Save Changes".
- Voila! You're done.
Now that's how you connect your domain name to your webhost. It may be similar to other companies as well. You just have to get your nameservers info from your web host and update your DNS on your domain registrar account! Easy, right?