SumoMe is probably one of the best WordPress plugins that a person can’t live without. Basically, SumoMe helps you to get more leads and subscribers. It’s just packed with so many powerful features that have surely changed the way many website owners increase their traffic.
One of my favorite features of SumoMe is there popup opt-in form. I’ve been wanting to have a form like this on my website for a very long time and thanks to SumoMe, I now enjoy its many benefits.
Maybe, you too want to have a popup opt-in form and that’s the reason you are here. Don’t worry, because in this article, I will share with you how to exactly do that.
Installing SumoMe on WordPress
The installation process of SumoMe is definitely easy and quick. You can do this within just a few minutes. Here’s how to accomplish the installation process.
- Log in to your WordPress Admin website.
- Go to Dashboard. This is found on the left side of your screen.
- Install SumoMe. From your dashboard, go to Plugins and then click Add New. Click the Search Plugin field and type SumoMe. When you finally found the SumoMe plugin, click Install.
- Activate the SumoMe plugin after the installation is finished. You can do this by going back to the dashboard. Click Plugins and then click Installed Plugins. Scroll down to find the SumoMe plugin and then click Activate. This is also the place where you can deactivate a plugin in the future.
Setting up your SumoMe plugin
After the installation is complete and you have already activated the SumoMe plugin, it’s now time to set it up.
- Go to your Dashboard. If you have successfully added SumoMe, you’ll surely find a new SumoMe menu in your Dashboard. You’ll probably find it at the lower left side of your dashboard page.
- Click the SumoMe. You will see a new page displayed on your dashboard. In this page, you will find your unique Site ID. From there, you will need to register your account. Just a side note: The Site ID is important when you want to save all your settings. When you uninstall SumoMe and you want to use it again or you have a new website, simply use the same Site ID to restore all your settings.
- Go to your website.
- Click the SumoMe badge. You will notice this as a short dark blue rectangular line in the top right corner of your website.
- Either click Login if you already have a SumoMe account or Sign Up if you don’t. You will need an email address and password to complete this step.
Install Popup opt-In form with SumoMe
This is now the time for you to install the popup opt-in form with SumoMe. Here’s how you can do this.
- Go to Sumo Store. If you have successful logged into your SumoMe account, you should be seeing the Sumo Store along with other two menus Notifications and Settings. When you click the Sumo Store, a pop-up dialog box will appear.
- Click List Builder. Clicking the List Builder will automatically install this feature to your website.
- Go back to your website.
- Click the SumoMe badge found in the top right corner of your website. At this point in time, you will notice that the List Builder feature is added to your SumoMe home window.
- Click List Builder option.
- Customize the design of your popup opt-in form. You can change the appearance of your form according to text color, actual displayed texts, button, button font color, button background color, and many others. You can also dictate the time when the popup form will appear. There is an option for you to add your own custom CSS or HTML to create your uniquely designed popup opt-in form.
- Click Save when you’re done with the customization.
Of course, the pop-up opt-in form is just one of the amazing features of SumoMe. You can always go back to the SumoMe Store to explore other features. Some features are free while others come with an inexpensive price.
Now that you know how to install a SumoMe popup opt-in form, I’m sure your website is now more equipped to grow your email list. More importantly, other plugin functions are waiting for you to use them.