Tumblr, as ironic as it may sound, is one of the biggest micro-blogging platforms because of its millions of users.
This site gives people the opportunity to share your ideas and link them to your Facebook and Twitter accounts – which makes your social network and your audience increase every time you post something new.
This connection between these three sites can make your Tumblr blog available even to your friends who do not use Tumblr.
If you have something to share, you can post it on Tumblr and if you would allow, you have the choice to share it on Facebook and Twitter too. The connection of these platforms has made the online social sharing really easy.
- Go to the Tumblr website and log in to your account.
- Click the ‘Settings’ button (gear icon) which can be found at the top of the homepage.
- On the list present on the Settings option, scroll down and find the last button which shows your Tumblr avatar/ display picture.
- As you click your Tumblr avatar, find and click the ‘Facebook’ option. Check the ‘Share posts on your Timeline’ option.
- After that, a window will appear and ask if you would like to ‘Sign in with Facebook’. Clicking ‘Yes’ will again take you to a new window which will need you to enter your Facebook ID and Password.
- Enter the required Facebook information and a popup window will appear which says ‘Tumblr would like to access your public profile and friend list’. Click OK to continue.
- As you click OK, you will see two new options on your Facebook Settings. Put a check mark if you want to share the likes, replies, or comments made on your Timeline.
- To link your Twitter account to Tumblr, follow the above mentioned steps 1 to 3.
- Scroll down on your Tumblr avatar page and find the ‘Twitter’ option. Confirm the ‘Share posts on your Twitter’.
- As a new window appears, it will ask you if you would like to ‘Sign in with Twitter’. When you click it, a new tab will open and will ask you about the username and password of your Twitter account. After adding the required information, click the ‘Authorize app’ button.
By doing these steps, all of your Tumblr posts can be automatically shared to your Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Other things you need to know:
- If you don’t want to share all your posts, uncheck the boxes asking you to share your Tumblr updates on Facebook of Twitter. These settings can be changed whenever you want to.
- If you don’t like your recent Tumblr posts to be shared on one of those sites, or you just accidentally shared it, you can delete the tweet on your Twitter and the same thing can be done on your Facebook timeline.