Tumblr is a microblogging platform that offers the “Follow” feature similar to social media sites like Twitter and Facebook.
However, some users tend to abuse this option and harass other bloggers on Tumblr.
And this is why Tumblr decided to add a Ignore function to neutralize cases of harassment and cyber bullying on their bloggers.
Tumblr's Ignore option doesn't appear on the main dashboard menus of Tumblr. This could be the reason why most Tumblr bloggers are not familiar with this feature.
Fortunately, articles like this one are already spreading over the internet to help Tumblr users who wants to block some of their followers from communicating with their blogs. For further instructions on how to block followers on Tumblr, kindly follow these easy steps.
So, How do You Block/Ignore A Person on Tumblr?
First Method (Direct Way)
- To block people from communicating to your Tumblr blogs, you need to log in your account on Tumblr.
- After accessing your account, go to tumblr.com/ignore. You cannot access this page if you're not logged in on your Tumblr account.
- On Ignored Users page, you will see a search box where you can input the username or URL of the Tumblr account that you want to block. Type the username or URL.
- After finding the Tumblr account that you would like to block, click the “Ignore” button under the search box.
Aside from the going directly to the Ignored Users page, you can also block followers on Tumblr from your Tumblr dashboard.
Second Method (Via Dashboard)
- First, you must log in to your Tumblr account.
- Click the Settings icon at the topmost part of your Tumblr dashboard. A mechanical gear represents this icon.
- You will then be redirected to the account settings page. From there, click the Ignored Users button to open tumblr.com/ignore page.
- After accessing the page, follow steps 3 and 4 of the first procedure.
So, what happens if I block someone on Tumblr?
When you block someone on Tumblr, they will no longer see your posts on their homepage and won't be able to see their messages. However, they will still be able to stalk your blog site when they are not logged in to their account. The only way you can stop someone from checking your blog site is to change your URL and your email as well (for now).
Having millions of followers on Tumblr can be a great indication that you are generating an impressive volume of traffic. However, some followers can also affect your blogging community negatively. For this reason, Tumblr's Ignore function is created to neutralize the incidents of abusive use of Tumblr platform.