Do you know that you can make money while using Tumblr? Yes, this is a great way to monetize your blogs and at the same time, do what makes you happy! It is an irresistible treat for Tumblr bloggers.
Of course, it comes with a great effort to really earn a considerable amount of money. In fact, to be blunt about it, you might not feel any income coming in for the first 3-6 months.
But when you have written enough quality blogs or content and effectively build up you Tumblr site, there is no doubt that your profit will continually increase as you continue.
Related Read: Starting Your Own Serious Blog
So what I’m going to do now is to enumerate effective ways on how to make money from blogging using Tumblr. Hopefully after reading this, a new spirit of motivation will set in and you can see blogging in a different light.
How To Make Money With Tumblr
1. Build your audience
I mention this as the first tip because this will be your foundation in making money on Tumblr.
It doesn’t mean that if you have 1,000 visitors, you will have 1,000 people clicking the ads on your page. It is estimated that in every 1000 viewer, there will be 10 percent of that figure, which will click your ads.
Thus, if you will be paid for $0.05 per click, then 100 people clicking your website will convert to $5. If you do the math, in order for you to have $50, you need 50,000 views.
Of course, this is a hypothetical scenario and by mentioning this, you will have a general idea why building your audience is very important! PPC, when combined with other earning strategies, will help you earn more.
So, before you start thinking of affiliating with various companies, you must make your website worthy of their payment.
How To Get More Visitors (Traffic)
- Make your posts easy to share. Install social sharing buttons like SumoMe (what I'm currently using).
- Keep your site updated. Share relevant content consistently.
- Engage with other people Follow relevant people, reshare, start a conversation.
2. Affliate programs
Affiliate program is like helping online stores or shopping websites to sell their products and in return, they will pay you 4-5% percent of the selling price of the product.
It’s a win-win situation. The most popular affiliate program available today are provided by:
I personally use Amazon affiliate program and ShareASale along with Google Adsense and they are pretty good ways to earn some extra cash especially if your blog will convince readers to buy the product advertised in your blog page. Other affiliate program that you may use is Linkshare, and CJ.com.
3. Use Ads
This is the most common way to convert your blogs into money. The most popular business partners when it comes to ads are:
- Infolinks: Infolinks unique and advanced ad units monetize all content on any platform, free of charge. Their smart algorithm delivers intent-driven ads to the right users in real-time, and blends seamlessly into a Tumblr's look and feel. Their ads enable Tumblr users to create a beneficial revenue source, without interfering with the user's experience.
- Google Adsense: Adsense pays great but they require bigger audience, and they're quite strict so read their requirements before applying.
- Chitika: Another great publishing network like infolinks!
Google Adsense is maybe the most popular among these affiliates because they pay you per click on the ads placed in your page. Not to mention they are the biggest search engine.
As this might be the case, Adsense has many stringent requirements that can be burdensome to starting blog-for-money people. So it will good to consider other options as well.
Some companies trust those who have their own domain names more (e.g. myname.com instead of myname.tumblr.com). You might want to register your own domain name here. To learn how to set up your own domain name with your Tumblr, click here to learn.
4. Upload Files
If you have useful files that are just hanging around in your computer closet, then you can convert them to cash. You can upload them in a server website which pays for uploaded files. Then you can place the link in your Tumblr site.
By far, the most popular uploading companies that pay for your files are Rapidgator and DepositFIles. You might have encountered some of these companies while you are downloading something from the Internet. Now you know who they are.
5. Shrink URL
By adding URL or link to other sites may be helpful in making money through blogging. Once a sponsored link is clicked, it will automatically equate to an earning.
Three of the most popular companies that provide such services are:
These companies pay you $$$ for every XX clicks made on your URLs.
At this point, it is worth mentioning that Adfoc.us is a scam. It has become very popular lately because of the supposed big amount of payout.
But only to find out later that it is a complete waste of time as when you will finally complete the minimum payout, they will not respond to you anymore. So don’t even bother to try Adfoc.us.
6. Upload pictures
This is simple to perform. All you have to do is to upload an image and link it to an external source. When someone clicks the photo, it will automatically equate to your earning.
These are just some of the ways that you can earn money through Tumblr.
All these strategies can only be successful if your blog site has a strong number of visitors. You can only do that through posting great content and high quality posts. It is still like working but at least you have all the time doing what you really love and you don’t have to consider that as your work! Very clever, huh?
Additional tips though...
- Before you start thinking to earn money through your Tumblr, you must first focus on getting as many followers as possible; and not just followers but quality followers who will really read your blogs.
- In most cases if you have a fresh blogging site, most advertising companies will reject your application because they look for blog sites that will not ruin their reputation.
- Other point to ponder; do not underestimate the power of Tumblr theme. It’s basically your Tumblr personality painted in your blog site. You will get more readerships if you have a professional looking blog site with an impressive artistic touch.
So the next time your blogging in Tumblr, why not consider doing the guides and tips mentioned above? Who knows; you might as well become rich with this incredible way of earning money. Turn Tumblr as a business and you will soon be earning from doing what you love!
How about you? What do you think is the best way to earn money through Tumblr? Do you know of some other ways to achieve this? Share your thoughts and leave a comment below.