We all know how important SEO is when it comes to building a business website. If you want to get found fast and get the pages of your site listed on top search results, you have to make your URLs readable. This way you make it easier for the search engines to index (or crawl) your site.
Follow the instructions below to change your Wordpress permalink structure to an SEO-friendly one. Take a look at the before and after:
- Before: http://www.twelveskip.com/?p=123
- After: http://www.twelveskip.com/how-to-change-wordpress-url (easier on eyes and more readable, right?)
Making Your Wordpress Posts URL SEO Friendly
- Login to your Wordpress dashboard.
- At the bottom left sidebar, click "Settings" > select "Permalinks"
- Select the "Custom Structure" and add this on the blank field "/%postname%/"
- Now view your site, click on some of your posts and you should be able to see a pretty URLs instead of numbers.