Ever wonder how to make your latest Instagram photos show up on your Wordpress? In this post, you will learn how to do it in less than 10 minutes using a simple Wordpress plugin. Here's an example of how it should look like:
We will install the "Minimalist Instagram Options" to your site to display your latest Instagram photos in thumbnails style. All you have to enter is your Instagram username and access token. Here's how to do it:
Display an Instagram Widget in Your Wordpress Sidebar
Step #1: Install The Plugin
- Login to your Wordpress, go to "Plugins" > select "Add New".
- Type and search for "Minimalist Instagram Options" (by Ethan Gibson).
- Now click the "Install Now" link.
- Activate the plugin.
Step #2: Configure the plugin
Now we'll modify the settings for this plugin to make sure your photos properly show up.
Important: In order to make this work, your Instagram must be set to public.
- Go to "Instagram Options".
- Enter your username and Access token. To get your access token, click here and login with instagram.
- Once you get your access token, go back to the dashboard and enter your access token.
- Click "Save Options".
Step #3: Displaying The Plugin
And finally in this last step, we'll display your photos on your sidebar.
- Drag the "Minimalist Instagram Widget" on the Primary Sidebar.
- Click the drop down arrow to edit the settings. Enter the title, username, # of photos you want to show, if you want to enable videos, photos per row. Here's my settings:
- Once you're finished, click "Save".
- View your site.. you're done!
Looking for an alternative plugin?
If you want an alternative plugin like this one. You can try WP Instagram Widget.