Showing your categories can make it easier for your users to navigate through your site. So if you're wondering how to display links to the categories page, here's how:
This is how it will look like:
- Click the "Appearance" menu from the left sidebar > select "Widgets".
- Drag the "Categories" widget to the primary sidebar area.
- Leave it as it is if you want to show it as a normal list of categories. You can check the "Display as dropdown" if you want to show the categories in the dropdown menu. You may check the "Show post counts" if you want to show the number of posts on each category. It's all up to you.
- Click "Save" once you're done.
- Now view your site and take a look at the categories section on your sidebar area.
PS: When you change the settings to "dropdown", here's how it will look like: